What should I do in a plumbing or heating emergency?
If you find yourself in a plumbing or heating emergency the best thing to do is call a qualified plumbing / HVAC contractor that can respond to your emergency in a timely manner.
Contact our team of professional contractors immediately:
What are some tips for vetting a plumbing and heating company?
As parents ourselves, we completely understand the importance of being able to trust outsiders coming into your home, working on your equipment, and ultimately resolving the plumbing or heating issues you’re experiencing.
- View their Website: How does the company present themselves online? Is their website professional, up-to-date, and appear trustworthy?
- Talk on the Phone: How does the company present themselves on the phone? Do they speak clearly and professionally?
My furnace stopped working, is there anything I can do myself?
We have two two tips that every homeowner needs to know about their furnace:
- Check your Filter. It’s so easy to forget to replace your furnace filter but eventually, it will collect enough contents that it will become fully clogged and prevent enough airflow to shut down the furnace. For your average filter, I recommend replacing it every three months. If you hold it up to the light and you can’t see any shine through, toss it out.
- Check for Power. This happens more than you’d guess, especially in the summer for some reason, but often the switch to the furnace is accidentally flipped. Usually located at the top of the stairs leading to the basement, there is a switch that provides power to the furnace. Most of the time it gets flipped when guests just start randomly pressing switches trying to get the basement lights to shut off. Both of these are simple tips that can save you money and time shivering in the cold.
But beyond those two suggestions, there isn’t much we can recommend. Furnaces can be complex pieces of equipment that can become very dangerous if improperly repaired.
My air conditioner stopped working, is there anything I can do myself?
We understand that times can be tough, and you would not want to spend on air conditioning maintenance if it is not necessary.
- Indoor Unit Filter: Before giving us a call, make sure that the air conditioner filter has been replaced within the last three months.
- Outdoor Unit (Condenser): Remove the fan cage and vacuum the leaves and other debris from its outer and inner sides. If not cleaned properly, the system’s airflow will be disrupted.
- Power Source: If your air conditioner is not functioning or responding, check the breaker or any devices controlling the air conditioner.
What makes Family Plumbing and Heating different from the ‘other guys’?
We deliver on our promise to provide the highest quality plumbing and HVAC services in Regina.
- Everything is discussed up front, and there will be no surprises down the road.
- When we commit to a deadline, we do everything we can to stick to it. We understand that your time is valuable.
- Our team is reliable, trustworthy, and pleasant to work with from start to finish.
Do you offer regular maintenance plans for plumbing and heating systems?
Absolutely! Many of our commercial clients have monthly, quarterly, or annual maintenance contracts with us that ensure their systems are running at maximum efficiency at all times. By regularly inspecting your heating and cooling systems we’re able to identify issues before they evolve into serious and costly emergencies. Contact our team and we would be happy to provide a free inspection and our recommendation on a maintenance plan that works best for you.
What is one of the most common services your customers request?
Our customers request a wide-range of services from us, but the most common services they request are:
What options are available if a costly repair or replacement is needed and we cannot afford the upfront cost?
We get it, repairs and maintenance issues always happen at the least convenient times and can cause serious financial hardship. At Family Plumbing and Heating we do not want anyone to go to bed without a functioning furnace or a damaged pipe. So contact our team and ask about our “Finance It” option, together we will find a solution that works for you and your family.
Finance It provides affordable small loan financing for families who prefer monthly payments over an upfront lump sum.
- Quick & Easy Approvals
- Low Monthly Cost
- No Hidden Fees or Payment Terms
- No Complicated Contracts